The Old Town Hall next to the church of St. Laurentius was built in the years of 1865/66 as a town hall and school. It replaced the former town hall of Marktheidenfeld going back to the 16th century. In the former building the composer Friedrich Fleischmann (1766-1798) was born, who composed the famous German lullaby
"Schlafe, mein Prinzchen, schlaf ein". Prussian soldiers, the winners of the war of 1866 were the first users of the newly finished building, which was used as town hall and school until the 1960s. Today it houses the adult education center.
The entrace of the Old Town Hall towards Obertorstraße is adorned by the city arms, which were developed from the seal given to the town in 1883. It was mounted there in the early 20th century.
Behind the Old Town Hall you will find the Blacksmith Museum, also used by the adult education center. A fountain is built into the wall towards the church, which - fed by the Heubrunnen - provided the water supply of the town. With 3 branches the Heubrunnen ran through town, providing water supply and disposal at the same time. The Blacksmith Museum forms the entrance to the Bronnbacher Hof, which gave the name to the street, which broke through the old town wall in the middle of the 1950s. Since the early 14th century and until the secularization the Cistercian Abbey Bronnbach in the Tauber valley owned a large farm there, which was leased to various owners at an early date. Also the other monasteries in the region, e.g. the Benedictine monasteries of Neustadt and Holzkirchen and the Augustinian monastery Triefenstein owned real estate at Marktheidenfeld. Some hidden boundary stones document this fact until today.